Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Picking Up at Lifeline Bookfest.

When I say 'picking up', I'm referring to books. I've had a few conversations this week about the possibilities of picking up (yes, trad usage now) at Bookfest... I just don't see it being possible. I'm waaaaay too picky when it come to books to actively seek out babes... and in my experience, the few attractive people who attend Bookfest (that I don't already know) tend to relieve the tables of pulp crap. Good for my bookshelf! Anyway, I went this morning & managed to pick up a couple...
  • Dave Eggers - What Is The What. I've been wanting to read this for a while, and scored a well-thumbed copy in the priced section. This alone made bookfest worth it for me.
  • Solzhenitsyn - Lenin In Zurich. I saw a few Solzhenitsyn's, but this was the only one I didn't have... seriously, if you spot a Solzhenitsyn, I thoroughly reccommend picking it up, esp. The First Circle and One Day In The Life Of Ivan Denisovich.
  • Harold Pinter - The Caretaker.
  • Doctor Who - Travel Without The TARDIS. Yes, nerdy. It's a fan's guide to England, Scotland & Wales... will be using!
Plus others... some Tennessee Williams, Bernard Shaw, Joseph Conrad... plus a Samuel Beckett that I already have. Silly me. For the 5th day I think I did pretty well. Off to read...x

2 comments:

  1. Nice finds...I did surprisingly well, thinking it was all going to be paperback crap, but I found some really good non-fic and Equus!!! I'm pretty excited about that. Anyway, here's a photo of my finds:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zombietron/3205264481/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo much paperback crap, but once you keep looking there's heaps of good stuff! Probably 75% of my bookshelf is from Bookfest. Love the book stack picture!

    ReplyDelete

send me something sweet... or sour...